Dr. Marek Kapczynski
GP (General Practitioner)
Dr. Kapczynski is a graduate of Silesian Medical Academy in Katowice, Poland. In 1997 he was awarded his doctor's diploma and worked from 1998 at St.Lukasz Hospital in Tarnow, specialising in Internal Medicine. Dr. Kapczynski was an assistant in the Dialysis Centre of this establishment until 2005, gaining knowledge and experience in nephrology. As from the year 2000 onwards he has also been practicing as a GP. In 2005 Dr.Kapczynski became a specialist for Internal Medicine and began specialisation in cardiology. Following his medical registration in 2006, he has been praticing in Ireland and participating in many English-speaking professional training courses and scientific symposiums, relating to different medical domains. His special medical interests are cardiology, nephrology and ultrasonography. He performs ultrasound of the abdominal cavity, prostate (gland), testicles, thyroid, superficial glands and Doppler ultrasound eg. blood vessels and lower limbs arteries. Dr. Kapczynski deals with propylaxis, diagnostics and treatment of following diseases:
- Cardiovascular system and vessels (coronary heart diseases, ECG examination, heart insufficiency, arrhythmis, arterial hypertension, sclerosis, varicose veins).
- Respiratory system (inflammation of upper and lower respiratory tract, bronchial asthma, COPD).
- Gastro-intestial tract (stomach and duodenum disease, GERD, cholelithiasis, intestines, liver and pancreas disorders, haemorrhoids).
- Urinary system (urinary tract infection, nephrolithiasis, renal failure, diabetic nephropathy).
- Endocrinolgic disorders: thyroid disorders , lipidemies, gout,electrolytic disorders.
- Haematological (anaemia)
Dr. Grzegorz Suchy Orthopedist
He graduated from the Silesian Medical Academy in Katowice, Poland in 2001. He is an Orthopaedics and Trauma Specialist. Particular professional interest: knee sports injuries, arthroscopy, hip and knee replacement
in November 2002 Dr Suchy was appointed Assistant in the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology in Siemianowice Śląskie Hospital, where, in 2009, he graduated as Specialist in Orthopaedics and Traumatology.
Professional experience he gained working i.e. at Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor, UK. Since March 2009, for three consecutive years Dr Suchy collaborated with the 'Medicover' Medical Center in Katowice as a consultant Orthopaedic Specialist.
Ever since graduation, Dr Suchy has been continually improving his knowledge and skills. It is worth mentioning that the doctor is a member of ESSKA (European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy)
He participates in numerous training courses, symposia and specialist conferences in the field of Orthopaedics and Traumatology like German Arthroscopic Society Congress; Rogensburg, Germany, Cadaver Workshop of Arthroscopic Knee Ligament Reconstructions in Carolina Medical Center Warsaw, Poland, ESSKA Symposium; Geneva, Switzerland, Arthroscopic Conference; Bieszczady, Poland. To this day, he took part in an impressive number of nearly forty such events devoted e.g. to arthroscopy of the hip, shoulder, knee ligament reconstruction, including the ACL, hip replacement and knee replacement, hand and spinal column surgeries and many others.
Currently, Dr Suchy is simultaneously cooperating with several medical institutions. He performs surgical procedures at the Center for Medical Care in Jarosław and Multidisciplinary Private Hospital "Tommed" in Katowice, while outpatient consultations are offered among others at the Private Clinic in London and several clinics in Dublin.
Scope of treatment
- Knee, hip and spine arthritis
- Spinal pain syndrom
- Sports injuries and their consequences
- Inflammations (arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis, etc.)
- Overuse injuries (tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, jumper’s knee)
- Peripheral neuropathy (carpal tunnel syndrome- CTS, Guyon’s canal syndrome, cubital tunnel syndrome, etc.)
- Foot deformities (bunions – hallux valgus, hammer toe, etc.)
- Orthotic insoles fitting - with common disorders in adults and children (flat feet, heel spur, limb-length differences, etc.). Insoles fitting included in consultation price.